Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Parla

It has been about 3-4 years that I have been decorating cakes for family & friends. The cakes have started off pretty simple, with the starred teachnique and shaped cakes. Over the years, I've tried to gain new techniques trying to incorporate more and more creative ideas. Personally, I enjoy having a plain circle or square cake, that I can make decorate any which way!
Ariel for my niece's birthday day party!  
my nephew gives a birthday cake as a present to a friend

With lots of kids in our family, we started to decorate lot of cakes, developing and learning decorating tips. We make so many cakes that the children in our family no longer want to eat cake (and if they do, it must be from scratch). With more and more experience, our skills continue to develop. We have now even been getting involved with event planning. Most recently, we traveled to Igloolik to help with a cousin's wedding.
Birthday cake for a sister- her party was 'Nose' themed
Overtime, Parla became the best name for our services.

2008 Birthday cake for my oldest son

2 comments:

  1. I remember right after you finished decorating the cake that your nephew's holding, I wanted to have a nice big piece because it looked and smelled (buttercream icing) so good!

    Your decorating skills are sweet (pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decorating cakes seem like a fun hobby! but you need to be talented to decorate great cakes like you've showed here, (im not very artistic). Maybe one day you can teach me how to decorate cakes :)

    ReplyDelete